Friday, June 25, 2010

Life in 4.0!

I am so excited! I just got the new iPhone 4.0! Marin and I stood in line for 6 hours to get this new phone and I am anxious to uncover all that it can do.

I went to the mall totally unprepared to wait for that amount of time. I had pre-reserved one, so I thought it might take close to 2 hours max. I had Marin in her carrier, but after about 30 minutes I was really wishing I had chosen to take the stroller. No worries though, she seemed to prefer the carrier.  (Dare I say ENJOY it).  She was the most pleasant, well-behaved baby. The most she fussed was for about 10 minutes, but I was able to soothe her, and she actually managed to nap the majority of the time!  Thankfully I had the best line-friends. Since we were all pre-reserved and guaranteed our phones, getting out of line and back in was not as much of an issue as it could have otherwise been. They let me leave twice over the six hours to nurse Marin - what a lifesaver!

I was a little surprised that Apple - a company so known for streamlining, efficiency and ease of use....made us wait in line for so long - in such an inefficient manner. Once we actually got into the store they had plenty of staff and the process went VERY quickly, but the line I stood in wrapped completely around the mall. Not the picture of efficiency. I'm going to recommend to them that they use some sort of cueing system in the future. They are dealing with cell phones after all. Send me a text. I'm fine with waiting an hour if I need to - but that was a little out of control with a baby.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/oklahomacity-koco-18229979/thousands-flock-to-mall-for-iphone-20525366

Clint had to come home a bit early to pick up Jonas from school & they met me to wait it out for the home-stretch. It was great to have the whole family there to celebrate! ;) Now I have HD video, 5.0 megapixel camera, video chat, multi-tasking.....all on an interface that's reliable and extremely user-friendly.

I can't wait! Or...maybe I can....after 6 hours of standing in line...I'm exhausted. I guess playing around with my new phone will have to wait until tomorrow....for now I'm just too tired to operate! I did manage to get some footage of the kiddos though, which I'll share. They are the main reason I'm so excited about this new phone, afterall!



1st lesson learned - can't switch to vertical mode. oops! I probably have a lot more to learn.

No comments: