Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Busy Day 3_23_10

So, today was an A+ day to sum up an A+ week.

Clint has been out of town for the week for work. Now before everyone starts to feel too sorry for him, let me tell you where he had to go on business.  For all of the LOST fans out there, during tonight's episode he said, "I was just there!". In other words, Oahu, Hawaii.  He did not have a vacation there though. Rest assured he worked VERY hard.  Anyway, yesterday he came home! Woo-hoo! 

We've had Nana staying with us for the entire week - which was AMAZING! She is just incredible. She never rests & is such sweet company. She really helped this week breeze by. I wasn't stressed, as I had prepared to be in Clint's absence. Actually, Nana helped it become a productive week, rather than just a week of meager survival. She organized things for us & cleaned seveaal things that had been neglected for a while. Namely, my fridge, stove, kitchen sink & washer & dryer.  She also allowed me a few excursions out of the house without the kids in tow. We even managed a trip out of town, along Route 66 - all the way to Quartz Mountain Lodge & Altus, OK. We stayed in the lodge there overnight and Nana visited her aunt in Altus - then we headed back home, stopping briefly in Shawnee to meet up with Sarah & our cousin, Julie, for dinner - then in Seminole to see Julie's beautiful home - then back to our own home sweet home.

Before leaving today, Nana managed to help me tie up several loose ends literally & figuratively.  She also did her magic on a few hundred stains in Jonas' infant- 3T clothing. She removed stains from 90% of the garments, ironed them and hung them according to size for me to label for a "Just Between Friends" Spring consignment sale. We had a freak blizzard the day of drop off, so I got to drive about 75 items in the snow and ice to the State Fairgrounds on Saturday evening. I arrived just in the nick of time and hope my items can bring in some $$, as I've already spent some back on the sale!

Jonas had his first day of pre-school today. He is attending Pathways Preschool in Edmond. Things seemed to go very well today, and we got to hear several stories about digging in mud, play laundry machines that needed to be fixed, slides and houses.  He ate a box lunch, packed by yours truly, and said goodbye this morning as if he'd been going to the school for ages. He really fit in and handled himself like a champ!  I am so proud of my BIG boy!  He's not even 3 yet, and they were more nervous than I was about how he would manage, but I knew with his intelligence, sociability and advanced language skills, he would thrive. I was right. He came home and took a nap after class without a fight too - which was a welcome surprise!  His new school is twice a week from 9am-3pm. I'm excited to see what new things he learns and it's going to allow me some time complete some things on my "to do" list as well.

The fun doesn't stop there! Marin had her two-month check up today with Dr. Maschino. They were amazed at how much she had grown since her two week appointment. We got some great measurements then it was time for some shots. She had 3 shots and one oral vaccination today, and it was so sad to see her cry. ;( She also bled more than I expected, and I'm curious whether she also might have VonWillibrand's like her brother. She didn't cry for long though, and hasn't had any adverse reactions so far to the shots. I did give her Tylenol at the doctor's office & I think that helped her some.  She was 12lbs.15oz, before a feeding, putting her in the 90-97% for weight. She measured 23.25in, putting her in the 75-90% for height and her head circumference was 40cm, putting her in the 90th% for head circumference. So, although she's a little round, she's a perfectly proportional baby! ;) She's still got a lot of gorgeous nearly black hair and deep blue eyes. Her skin is beautiful, and she's getting beautuful thick long eyelashes. She still has a light heart-shaped birthmark on her upper lip - which perfectly complements her little cupd's bow lips. She's so pretty, I could stare at her for days on end! Then again, I'm a little biased about both of my precious & beautiful kiddos. What Mom isn't?

She has a touch of cradle cap, which our doctor told us we could clear up with about a dime sized amount of Selson Blue or other dandruff wash & her baby brush. She also has a nodule just above the top of her neck on her lower head on one side. After feeling it, the doctor told us she thought it was just a little growth of the bone, and that she was not concerned as it did not move and gave no indication of being a cyst or anything of that nature.  She also has a small grayish spot on her right wrist, on the arm just before her hand. The doctor examined it closely and said she wasn't concerned about the looks of that either. She's had both of these things since birth, so it made me feel better to have them examined.

Marin has also been sitting up in her Bumbo seat this week for several short periods of time. Her neck support is outstanding and she's very strong in general. Today at the doctor's office, the doctor exclaimed as Marin pushed back against her hand, then when rolled onto her stomach, Marin supported herself with her head lifted up and both arms down. I was proud. I guess her "tummy" time is paying off. She is also cooing and gooing a lot lately. If you have a quiet moment with her and talk directly with her, she will not disappoint. She loves these quiet conversations.

Some other even better news...Marin slept through the night for the first time last night!  Yes, she did - but I did not. I kept waking up hearing her squirm around. Then I'd patiently watch as she fell back asleep - thankful & amazed - but a little sore! ;) She went to bed around 11:30pm and woke up at 7:00am!  She actually slept a lot the day leading up to that, so I was surprised, but excited that we're heading in the direction of more regular sleeping patterns! Woo-hoo! Becky came up last week & I was able to give her about 6 bags of 40oz of milk & was really excited to contribute! I think I'm going to be pumping less soon, and am also okay with that development. ;)

Lastly, before leaving, Nana took a look at my sewing machine. She and I did some trouble shooting and figured out the problem with my machine's tension and bobbin. The thread was getting stuck on a plastic piece under the bobbin box. After some tweaking - my machine is backup and running!!! I can not even begin to express how much this thrills me. She also showed me how to do a basic hem, and to applique with a zig-zag stitch.  She even showed me how to do a basic gather - on a tea towel. So now, I can make ruffles!!! Get ready for a lot of ruffles my friends. The possibilities are endless!!!  I finally finished the t-shirt tie applique for Jonas. This has been pinned and ready to go for a millenium, but it only took about 10 minutes once the machine was working! My tea towel is also super-cute, and I'm gearing up to make a ruffle-butt onsie for Marin. I see many ruffled and appliqued Christmas gifts in everyone's futures.

So now, without further adieu, here is my "big" little guy in his (semi)serious work shirt! ;) ha!

Here's to endless good weeks like this to come! (I hope)!

No comments: