Friday, February 26, 2010

Typing one-handed

Marin is now 6 weeks old. She's gorgeous, healthy & strong. No cradle cap yet, no baby acne yet and she's gaining weight like a champ. She's holding her head for long periods of time when being held, and has been doing this since we brought her home. She can also lift herself up with her legs, when supported under the arms. She's also making more baby noises as of late, which I love to hear. 

I decreased my intake of dairy products and other typical gas-inducers and found that she is a much happier baby at night. This means not too many beans, onions or spicy foods. She is still getting a four-hour sleep period at the beginning of each evening. When I get to bed on time - this definitely helps, but I'm still feeling very sleep-deprived. She's been spitting up less since I decreased my dairy intake as well.

I've also been avoiding peanuts & tree nuts - due to a spike in allergies in kids I know. There has been no proven correlation, but I just want to do what I can to help prevent a peanut allergy. I will include a link to an interesting article on the subject if I can find it again.

I had my post-op appointment this week, and have been given the all-clear to go ahead with "recreational" activity. I am still feeling some pinching, and pain when I urinate, but this has been a smoother recovery than I had with my episiotomy.  I am still leaking some, but I'm down to liners. Can't wait until that is over!

Managing two little ones at these ages has been VERY difficult for me so far. More on this later.

I'm still waiting on a smile!

No comments: