Saturday, January 25, 2003

Hej och valkommen!

Hej och Valkommen!

Well, I've put this off for far too long. Today is the day I'll begin to keep track of my time here in Sverige. True, that it's almost over, but at least this way (hopefully) my friends will be able to find me. =)

I've watched so many great new friends head home recently, although I'm not yet prepared to go myself. Sweden has been filled with fun and mystery. Ice hotels, Igloos, Extreme Ironing and all of the other cold hard facts you'd expect from such a place - how it warms my heart. =)

Tonight has been an evening of not much consequence. I wish I could report the things Jared is able to report right now on his site Alaskagron, but I haven't yet made my way to visit Paola in Italy....hope I get to sometime soon. Today I studied....and I'm sure tomorrow the same fate will find me. =) But, it's necessary for now, and an okay excuse to stay out of the cold.

I'm staying in Sundsvall, Sweden. Not at all a bad place- or by any stretch of the imagination a big place. It's size reminds me of Stillwater, so it doesn't seem as far from home. It's true that we don't get as much sunlight here, but I think the awe-inspiring skies which God's paintbrush chages with the hours, makes up for it. It's so wonderful to be able to look up towards the sky and see on one side perfect red clouds, glowing like embers on top of a pink sky, where the sun hasn't yet said it's farewells...then to turn and face the other side and see a great white moon basking in the daylight against a clear blue curtain of sky. It's difficult to see where day ends and evening begins, but it's simple to look up and smile, and to remember that these are some of the beautiful mysteries that wait to be discovered, and for now...I get to just relax and be thankful that I've been able to glimpse God's work displayed in such full form.

Anyway, I guess for now I'm going to get back to my books. =) Hope you enjoyed the read!

No comments: