Wednesday, January 29, 2003

favorite things

i was just reminded of one of my favorite things, so i thought i'd write about a few :

dogs - with faces full of snow...from searching for snowballs which their owners have thrown onto a blanket of full white. =) will they ever find the snowball? will the snowball even exist after it hits the blanket of snow? who knows...but i like dogs with snowy faces - who give a vailliant effort to finding the answers to these questions.

the smell of lavendar and vanilla...=) the scent in my room right now....mmmmmmmmmm =)
and my mom sent me a package with some lotions,sprays, etc...=) same scent....hey! how'd she know? hehe...=) lucky me.

an im from someone extremely special =) (Clint) saying that he liked your verse, and they think they are falling in love with you all over again ...sigh....=) how'd i get so blessed?

--------------------------song break-----------------------
this is just a song...i think is perfect for right now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"lately i've been thinking about you,
lately i've been dreaming of you,
and lately i can't get you out of my head.
get you out of my head.

there's something about the ocean
that makes me rise up and praise you
something about the heavens,
that makes me stand in awe again.
something about the sunrise,
reminds me of your faithfullness,
something about the ocean,
and i'm lost in love again.

i'll sing until i sense a smile,
upon your great and lovely face,
until i know your glory is in this place,
glory's in this place, yeah

there's something about the ocean
that makes me rise up and praise you.
something about the heavens,
makes me stand in awe again,
something about the sunrise,
reminds me of your faithfulness,
something about the ocean,
and i'm lost in love again.

- bebo norman
--------------------------------------------

thanks bebo! i've known this song for a while, but it's been in my head all day, so i thought i'd share the wealth....=) don't you ever just look around and find yourself utterly amazed?

i do. it's a wonderful feeling. to "stand in awe"...i don't think i'll ever get tired of finding, and being amazed of God's undisguisable touch on all creation...in the sky, on the ground, in the animals, in a person's eyes, in life, in mystery, in creation, in music, in art, in words, in friends...the world is a terrible and a beautiful place. really unfathomable to think of what heaven will be like.

this week i got to talk to a good friend who recently got engaged! that's happening a lot lately. so strange...but exciting too. michael and heather, kensey and sara....may your relationships be blessed. =) i know they will be. but i'll pray in advance for you guys and your fiances as you embark on this next stage in your lives.

today there was a party in one of the apartments here ---the dutch girls' (astrid & chauntaul's apartment)---------- it was a chance for the "old" to mingle with the "new"---exchange students that is. i felt strangely out of place. my roommates went at 8:30...i stayed behind for a while...some "alone" time in the apartment...i ate some dinner and then turned up some music until it was sufficiently loud, and sang at the top of my lungs for a while...(slight exaggeration) i didn't want the entire apartment banging on my walls....but it's been a while since i've been able to do that...it felt really good. =) considering the song above has been in my head all day, and i sang at the top of my lungs earlier....do you think it's probably one that found it's way out of hiding...if you answered yes you'd win......(in your best dr. evil voice) one million ---pats on the back. =)

went to the party...didn't do much mingling..wasn't much in the mingling mood. =) but it was okay, it was nice to at least see the new faces up close and personal...so shiny and new! i left early...because, much like eggs in a blender...i'm beat.

-------------my muscles are starting to atrophy...it feels like i'm about to fold in half by the pressure of my own muscles contracting at the same time....ouch. =) but it's good pain. it means yesterday "counted" as good exercise ---------------------

the pains of messing with my school, and of them not understanding the importance and immediacy of time pressures on me....are wearing me out. really.
one big ball of confusion....why can't i just graduate already? i've overdue!!! it's time!!!! i want out! they just don't want to let me go i tell you!!
why do we have to pay so much for our educations? i do not like money, or the stresses or pressure it brings.

okay...so, now i need to go. it's late..and i'm sleeepy. =) see you tomorrow.

No comments: