Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ConGRADulations Dad!

Yeah for Clint! He finished wrapping up a successful 2 years Master's program, and graduated with his Master's in Forensic Science from UCO on May 7th.  He still has to do a practicum - before everything is official, but he did very well & was one of the top students in his class. Jonas, Marin & I are VERY proud of him, and we're excited to have more time with Daddy very soon!

Things have been so busy around our household. It feels like we've been moving 100 miles an hour and like we've been being pulled in many directions.  Marin is finally sleeping more consistently overnight, and Jonas is still eagerly exploring his new independence.

I also had some exciting things going on on May 7th. I had my 19th Molar extracted....yep...removed. That means on Clint's happy day, I was in excruciating pain...not the best planning on my part. I had a cap that was holding my bridge in place. It had been loose since I had Jonas, and I popped it back into place, but after having Marin - it was loose again. This time, it was also painful, so I finally got it checked out. Unfortunately, the tooth was not fixable, so I had to get it removed.   I am opting to get implants instead of getting a larger (less permanent) bridge.  I feel like such an old lady having a gap in my teeth for now, and eventually 2 fake teeth, but at least I'll be able to eat on both sides again!

I had the surgery done early in the afternoon on Clint's graduation day. His parents were gracious enough to come watch both kiddos while I went in for my appointment. I only had local anesthesia, which was just fine. My doctor was really good, but no matter how good - pain is still involved at some point. Thankfully, things healed up pretty well, and after about 10 days I felt like I was back to my normal "self".

The kids grew a little restless at the graduation. Marin started screaming minutes before Clint actually walked, so we had to step outside, and I missed it!  I did get to see him stand and get recognized for his outstanding grade achievements though. We're so proud of him! We are anxious to see what God has in store for him (and us) next! 

Great job love - you did it in stride. We're proud of you & we love you!

No comments: