Monday, August 17, 2009

Had my "BIG" ultrasound today, and found out I was having a DRUMROLL PLEASE.........GIRL! That was a great surprise, but that's not entirely what this post is about.

Normally, the US would have been at my doc's office, and it would have been immediately followed by a doctor's appointment, analyzing the results.

The technician was very nice, but she didn't tell me much in the way of specifics. In fact, when we were trying to determine the sex, she said, "I don't see any boy parts. It looks like you're having a girl."

The shots we got of our little girl were all pretty fuzzy and she didn't work to get clearer shots for us. With my DS, the technician got us a perfect profile pic, and a pic of just his little parts, stating, "it's a boy!" Then, when she printed the pictures off, she said, "Our printer is kind of messing up, but it's better than nothing!"

She said nothing about any of the measurements. Not "this looks good" or anything. I realize it's not really her responsibility to make judgment calls, but it was kind of disappointing to not have some more certainty.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Either way, we're thrilled, and Clint was proud of himself, declaring he knew we were having a girl. (Even though he never would say that before the ultrasound). Jonas told me before the ultrasound that the thought we were having a boy. He assured me that he would be happy whether we were having a boy or a girl. That's a good thing considering he's going to have a baby sister!

It still doesn't quite feel real. We've told family & friends, and I'm still waiting for it to really sink in. ;) That shouldn't take too long. It's exciting to think about. Now on to finding a name!

No comments: