Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So Thankful - God's Unexpected Provision for School



As you know, C & I are expecting #2 in January, and I am currently enrolled as a Full-time Master's student in OU's SLP program, with 16 hours (including clinic) both in the Spring & Fall semesters of the first year. I wasn't sure what I was going to do about school & the new baby & everything. We had been praying through our options and although I felt that I could probably handle the Fall semester without trouble, I wasn't sure if the 4 days I would have between having our little one and class resuming would be enough for me or the baby. I was nervous about trying to even "think" about class that soon after having the baby. Clint & I have been praying through our options and yesterday I scheduled an appointment with OU to discuss our situation. I hadn't told them yet that I was pregnant.

The conversation was amazing. The head of the department was completely understanding of my situation and so much more flexible than I expected would even be possible. It hasn't been finalized, but it looks like I'll take about 1/2 of the classes this Fall, then only 1 class in the Spring (because I'll be about a month behind before I am able to return to class and that's too much of a gap to catch up on 16 hours). Then I'll basically be on track to start again with class the next year. Basically, it extends my program to 3 years, instead of 2, but I think it's a BIG answer to prayer.

I was prepared for him to tell me that I would just have to re-apply in the Fall, and I was not looking forward to sitting out an entire year. Now I'll be able to stay with J and manage a few classes, and have plenty of time for recovery and the new baby. I'm so excited. It makes me LOVE the program even more. I'm so thankful & excited. I don't think there are many places that this would have been a possibility. Just wanted to share.

No comments: