Saturday, February 2, 2008

Homestead....


So, last night I got out my sewing project while Clint and I watched The Godfather. We've been making our way through the top 100 movies on the IMDB. I had just told Clint how cool the cutting tools were that are round and look a little like a pizza cutter - and Clint said - "Yeah & dangerous. Make sure you don't cut through the carpet" and I said..."I'm being careful" - famous last words. I proceeded to cut around my fabric and batting. When I pulled the fabric up...I discovered that as I was moving the cutting board along, I had accidentally scooted it under Jonas' blanket and sliced through it along with my fabric. We had to throw it away. I felt awful. Needless to say...I'm saving the rest to work on later. This project just got a little more expensive! ;)

On to more pleasant things...

----------------------------------
For those that own a house & live in the house they own in Oklahoma. I just wanted to make sure you all know about Homestead Exemption - which can save you up to $1000 on your home's assessed valuation & reduce the taxes you pay. Homestead exemption will also provide you some protection from creditors- in the state of Oklahoma. You can file only if you have owned your home and resided in it from Jan.1 on...and you have to file by March 15th.

Here is the definition of Homestead exemption on Wikipedia:


You can get the form from the Oklahoma County Assessor's office Here

The deadline is coming up. I just wanted to let everyone know in case this is something that might be useful for them.


-------------------------------------

No comments: