Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Happy day after the 4th of July!

We returned early this morning from Phoenix, after a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Clint had already been in Arizona doing some field tests for his company’s land-mine detection sensors, and I flew down to meet him in Phoenix (actually Gilbert) for the weekend. My dad recently moved to Gilbert, AZ, the nations fastest growing city. It’s such a big place, and surprisingly lush, despite the desert you’re probably imagining. My dad’s new house is great, and his backyard is fit for a movie star. Clint helped my dad get wired. I assisted when I could, and when I was of no help, I went swimming. Have I ever mentioned how much I love swimming through a cool rush of water on a warm day? Not much beats that. I also partook of the slide – which I promised Sarah I would do in her absence. It was really great. I’ll try to get pictures if I can get my dad to snap a few.

Beverly flew down to visit my dad, and we ended up being on the same flight together. She’s going to stay on for the rest of the week, and David and Diane, Dad’s friends will be visiting him then too. He’s had a rash of guests lately, but I don’t think he minds. We went tubing in the Salt River, and ate at a lot of fine dining establishments –including: Rubio’s, Inn-n-Out Burger, and Pappadeaux’s to name a few. We didn’t get to see fireworks on the ground, but we did manage to sneak peeks at a few in the air on our landing in Tulsa, which was interesting.

The moment we landed, the mugginess I’ve come to know as home hit me, and I’m sad to say…I miss Arizona’s dry heat. Anyway, it was a nice vacation- and a really good visit with my dad.

Now it’s back to work and life as usual. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

No comments: